A Thank You to Warwickshire Library Volunteers
Warwickshire County Council Library Service volunteers recently gathered to celebrate and be thanked for the valuable contributions they make to our communities.
During the last financial year there were 213 volunteers active with the library service. Each volunteer gives an average of almost 40 hours a year – though some do give much more than this. Warwickshire County Council are immensely grateful for the contributions of every volunteer.
There are a range of volunteers in libraries, including those who:
- Help people to use computers
- Greet and host members of the public attending library events
- Help people research their family histories
- Facilitate games and activity groups
- Support events for children and young people
- Make Local Studies information accessible to all
- Reach out to vulnerable members of society through the Home Library Service
Councillor Kam Kaur, Warwickshire County Council’s Portfolio Holder for Customer and Transformation said: “Volunteers contribute to the library service every day. They add massive amounts of value and indeed are essential for some parts of the service. But volunteers also do so much more – they are advocates for our service, they engage with our communities and they are friends and lifelines to many of our customers. Thank you very much for all you do.””
Find out more about Warwickshire Libraries on the Warwickshire Website: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/libraries
There is more information about Volunteering in Warwickshire on the Warwickshire Website: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/volunteering